NW10 Club

Saturday 4 July 2015

Is Sleek on Fleek?

Since Sleek MakeUp is a relatively new brand to the Republic of Ireland, many of us have yet to try the once Superdrug exclusive UK brand. I do not claim to have an especially large range of Sleek products, nor do I claim to be an expert on the brand I am just offering my humble opinion on what they has to offer. So the question I'm posing today is, 'Is Sleek on Fleek?' (I'm really sorry, it rhymed and I couldn't resist)

Eyes

L-R: 'Oh So Special' , 'Ultra Matte V1' , 'Storm'



From their i-Divine range I own the Storm, Oh So Special, and Ultra Matte V1 (I used to own the Au Natural palette but that met its end when I dropped it... :( ).  Retailing at €10.49 from Boots these palettes are most definitely a bargain!! 

What's Good About It?
  • Sleek provide their consumers with an excellent colour range, not only across their collection of palettes but within each individual i-Divine palette. They can be used to create day or night looks and generally are very versatile. 
  • The price point, a Naked Palette is about €45, you could by 4 of these for that price and to be honest, the quality is almost on a par.
  • Most shadows are well pigmented and blend easily. 
  • The mirrors in ALL Sleek products are phenomenal, I usually keep a palette in my handbag purely for the mirror cause they're so good

What's Not So Good?
  • These shadows have a lot of fall out, and for a good colour payoff on the lid a base/primer is most definitely required.
  • The shadows aren't all consistent, one may be incredibly pigmented the next, just a very sheer wash of colour, I especially find this in the Ultra Matte V1 palette. 


Cheeks

Top Left: Precious Metals Highlighting Palette. Bottom Left : 'Life's A Peach' blush, Right: 'Fair' Face Form palette



As well as their eyeshadow palettes 'Sleek' are renowned for their cheek products. 

Precious Metals Highlighting Palette: This will set you back €13.49 from Boots , I'm in a love/hate relationship with this product. Each highlighter swatches beautifully but however when put over your foundation it turns into a very strange texture, it does not blend easily. The dark, bronzey colour on the bottom is a strange mix between powder and cream, and I can't find a way to make this product work for me, despite how absolutely gorgeous the colours are. If anyone has this, and it works for them please do let me know how you're using it! (Tweet me at @laoiselaoise ) 

Blush in 'Life's a Peach' : I have nothing negative to say about this blush and Sleek's blush formula, incredibly pigmented, long lasting and come in a variety of colours. Apparently Sleek have some excellent dupes for the Nars blushes. I really plan on buying more as I just love this so much, you can pick these up in Boots for €5.99

Face Form Palette in 'Fair': Do I like this palette? Yeah, But do I love it? Nah. Personally I don't like the colour of the contour shade, I prefer an ashier contour and this is just a bit too bronze for me, I really like the highlighter, it has a gorgeous amount of payoff and the right amount of sparkle, the blush isn't really a colour I myself would wear, however there is nothing wrong with the quality. Again, like everything else you can get this in Boots for €13.49. 

So, all in all I can safely say that Sleek would be one of my favourite 'on a budget' make up brands. There are many more products from them I wish to try and will definitely be buying from them in the future. 
To answer my initial question, Is Sleek on Fleek? Very much so. 
If anyone wants a more in depth review of any of these products, do let me know and I will be more than happy to do so!

My next post will be on: The Secret Behind Strobing

Until then, 
Laoise, x


3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just read your post on Sleek and I think it is pretty good. I have the Au Natural Palette and I think it is great for the price ne hence the reason I have decided not to fork out for the Naked palettes. Good luck with the rest of your blogging you are doing great so far! I am blogger myself but post cooking, fashion and beauty (soon) on my own blog.

    Anyway, well done, Nee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nee, I personally don't see why anyone would need the Naked Palettes after getting these, you'd save an absolute bomb! I think the UD palettes are overrated anyway, the quality isn't as good. Thanks very much, link me your blog and I'll check it out xx

      Delete
    2. My blog is http://littlemissnee.blogspot.ie/ if you want to check it out.

      Nee x

      Delete