NW10 Club

Monday 3 August 2015

W7 Catwalk Face Shaper Review

I'm thinking of starting a series of reviewing products and specifically looking at them on my milk bottle, NW10 skin. Lots of bloggers look at products being 'pale skin friendly' but they're still a bit darker than me. I'm trying to think of a clever name for this series 'Milk Maids' 'NW10 Club' the 'Porcelain Party' ? I'm not sure, feel free to make suggestions though!
So, to kick this off I'm doing a review of W7's 'Catwalk Face Shaper' Apparently, this is a good dupe for Tom Ford's Shade and Illuminate, I haven't used that product as I'm not actually made of money. However, if you live that luxurious lifestyle, you do you. You go Glen Coco!





What is it? 
Pretty much just your run of the mill cream contour and highlight palette that comes with a brush, but cheaper. Around €8 I believe. 




 What's the highlighter shade like?
In a word? Woeful. Perhaps this would work on someone with a darker complexion, but this highlight does absolutely nothing for me. When foundation is over it it becomes very patchy and just sits on the skin. I live for a strong highlight, so this may work for you if you like a reeeaally subtle highlight. But honestly guys, I wouldn't waste your time with the highlight part of this product. Note on the swatch picture below, you can barely see the highlight shade. And I swear I swatched it, though it's hard to believe


How about the contour?
To be honest, this is more like a cream bronzer than a contour colour. I adore how a warm toned contour looks on people with darker colouring, however I prefer a cool toned contour colour on myself. This can get very mucky very quickly, and I really do spend a long time blending it out. I always use my NYX blush in Taupe over this and I think the two really compliment one another, though on its own I don't really like this product.

Is it NW10 friendly?
Not really, I use it cause I can't (yet) afford the cream contours that I really want and because I have played around with this enough to make it work for me. I think this would be good for someone with sallow skin, however if you're part of the NW10 Club this isn't ideal. I won't be repurchasing this product, but for under a tenner I'm really not complaining too much. In a word, it's 'grand'

All the best
Laoise, Just The McGinning xo


No comments:

Post a Comment