NW10 Club

Saturday 5 September 2015

Elegant Touch Stiletto Nails Review

Morning everyone! Hope your weekend is going beautifully thus far, much to everyone's dismay Summer is over. Everyone is back to school, college, or else just about to start. But at least we're in the midst of Debs season so Instagram is boomin', my debs was last week and I'll be doing a post all about it during the week, regarding make up, hair and of course dress related information.
In order to save myself money I opted for doing my own nails, I had worn the Elegant Touch Totally Bare Stiletto Nails before and have found they look just as good as if you had gotten them done professionally! You can get this 48 pack in Boots for only €6.49 and at the moment they have a buy one get one half price deal, where would you be going?
not my picture

I didn't photograph the application process but it's pretty self explanatory, in the pack along with the nails you get a nail file and the glue. I filed my nails first, put a drop of glue on both the false nail and my own nail, apply the nail and press down for about 30 seconds. Takes about 5 minutes, easy peasy. The nails being 'totally bare' is the best part about this product for me, as you have the freedom to choose whatever colour you want.


I've found it's better to paint the nails after they have been applied, I tried it once to paint them before and it really didn't go well. I opted to paint them a nude shade from OPI (one of my favourite nail polish brands) 

OPI  'My Very First Knockwurst'

I absolutely adore having these claws on, I have very small, child-like hands and these nails, in the words of Shania Twain 'make me feel like a woman'. Now, down to the nitty gritty.
Can you even do anything with them on?
For the first 24 hours, not a chance, initially trying to adjust to them is tricky and the most basic tasks are pretty difficult. Expect to make a lot of typos. But after a day or so you begin to get used to them and apart from things like putting on very tight jeans, opening/closing buttons, accidently scratching your eyeball, and not being able to use a keyboard, they're fine.
How long do they last?
I think that really varies from person to person, I work part time in retail so from the shelf stacking and constant use of my hands my nails get a fair battering. I find on about day 8 the bottom of the nail begins to lift and if you have long hair, it will continuously get caught under it, and it will really hurt. In all honesty on about day 9 or 10 the lifting has worsened and they begin to annoy me too much so I usually remove them at this stage. I'd imagine if you're a person of leisure these could last around two weeks on you, however us retail folk are blessed to get the 10 days.
Doing make up with them on?
 For me, this was the most difficult thing about having these nails on. I'm very hands on (literally) when it comes to doing make up and these nails make it very difficult, especially around the under eye area. I love using my fingers to blend on both myself and others and these nails make that really tough. For that reason, I'll probably only wear these when I'm on holidays or for special occasions. Especially now that I'll be starting make up college soon (eeep!) 


I'll miss you nails, we had a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment